Hallux valgus is called hallux or bunion for short. Bunion (Hallux vulgaris) is the deformity based on lateral deviation of the great toe, connected with the joint at the head of the big toe. It occurs in women very often.
During this abduction of the head of the first metatarsal, the big toe is set at the rest toes. In the joint is inflammation and bursitis. It causes joint degeneration, foot deformation and pain.
The main reason of this condition is genetics and sex (women). It’s connected with foot structure and tendons and ligaments flaccidity. Furthermore, the obesity and high heels cause the bunion also. High heels are unfavourable because set the foot in unnatural position and cause excessive loading on the heads of the metatarsals.
Symptoms of bunion is pain around the big toe and medial foot during walking. The pain in the bunion area occurs in the night also. Also, flat foot (the transversal arch of the foot collapsing) occurs very often.
Our bunion brace AM-OP-01 consists of soft big toe cover and strap behind the heel. It helps you prevent against the hallux and start treatment very early. You can wear it in your shoes even all day without limiting the foot functionality. It is professional medical device which supports your bunion during performance.
At home, you can use special bunion splint AM-OP-02 which stabilizes the big toe precisely.
The brace is made of UniPren.
UniPren is universal 3-layered fabric made of external elastic polyamide self-gripping layer and internal neoprene foam with elastic jersey. Our fabric is soft and elastic and not knitted, what prevents skin against the skin abrasions in the compression zones. The braces made of UniPren provide the best stabilization in market.
Hallux Valgus Brace
- Optimal functioning of brace can only be achieved by selecting the right size.
- The skin in place, which in touch with the brace, should be clean (avoid the usage of ointments or creams).
- It is necessary to control the skin's condition (especially in heels and feet) and in case of skin lesions occurred it is necessary to contact the physician.
- In case of skin lesions (epidermis scrapes, scratches or eczema) using the brace is allowed after dressing application.
- Use of the brace at night should be done only if this was prescribed by your doctor.
Not sure whether this is the right product for you? Contact our Orthotist for consultation & assistance.
- Hand wash in warm water (30°C) with soap.
- Rinse carefully.
- Do not iron.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.