Ankle strain and sprain are common injuries. It can cause giving up sport activities and can require the surgery treatment.
Ankle strain and sprain are common injuries that can interfere with everything from sports activities to activities of daily living. They can require the surgical treatment.
Ankle sprain is the most commonly diagnosed condition by orthopedic surgeons. Ankle sprains are due to twisting and stretching of ligaments beyond their anatomical range that results in soft tissue injury and damage to the joint capsule. Approximately 95% are caused by excessive ankle inversion and only 5% with ankle eversion.
Twisted ankles don’t always require a visit to the orthopaedist. It depends on ankle the degree of sprain. First degree sprains can be treated by rest, cold therapy (ice), compression, elevation and stabilization with an ace bandage or support. Second degree sprains require an orthopaedist’s treatment and commonly a prescription for a professional ankle brace. You should understand that professional medical ankle braces are more efficient than a simple cast.
Reh4Mat has the Ankle brace to fit the medical requirement!
AM-OSS-05/CCA brace by Reh4Mat is one of the most advanced braces we offer.
The outside of the device is made of spatial fabric AirDistance III which support lateral stabilizers. The openwork construction allows the skin to breath and improves the comfort of use.
AirDistance III is breathable durable lamination. Consists of 3 layers: external self-gripping polyamide, comfort foam inside and internal polyamide 3D fabric. This spacer fabric 3D provides high air permeability and minimal water and moisture absorption. Waterproof material.
The laced system utilizing BOA, helps you fit your brace to every ankle shape.
Two lateral anatomic-shaped splints stabilize the joint effectively. The low profile design allows our ankle brace to be used in all athletic shoes.
Our ankle brace’s advantage is universal side – it is suitable for right and left leg.
The AM-OSS-05/CCA ankle brace with lateral support, laced construction and spiral dynamic straps provide excellent ankle stabilization.
Ankle brace AM-OSS-05/CCA allows to maintain the foot in inversion or eversion. Depending on natural foot position, we can correct and maintain the foot in the required position. This solution is possible by adjustment of tension of two elastic straps.
To correct the inversion there is necessary to re-adjust the medial strap to achieve the desired tension. To maintain the foot in the eversion, there is necessary to re-adjist the lateral strap. When you adjust the straps in standard tension, you will maintain the foot in the neutral position.
Active Ankle Brace with CCA System
Indications / Purpose of Use
- Ankle strains or sprains
- Ankle dislocation
- As an protection after cast immobilization (after fractures, raptures, sprains, strains)
- Chronic Ankle Instability
- Acute or Chronic Ankle Injury
- Prophylactically in sport
- Optimal functioning of brace can only be achieved by selecting the right size.
- The skin in place, which in touch with the brace, should be clean (avoid the usage of ointments or creams).
- It is necessary to control the skin's condition (especially in heels and feet) and in case of skin lesions occurred it is necessary to contact the physician.
- In case of skin lesions (epidermis scrapes, scratches or eczema) using the brace is allowed after dressing application.
- Use of the brace at night should be done only if this was prescribed by your doctor.
Not sure whether this is the right product for you? Contact our Orthotist for consultation & assistance.
- Hand wash in warm water (30°C) with soap.
- Rinse carefully.
- Do not iron.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.