Weightlifting is the Olympic discipline for many years. Long-term and lasting many hours trainings cause chronic pain and spine deformations. Stressed spine while weightlifting can cause intervertebral discs injuries, herniated nucleus pulposus and nerves compression. This pinched nerves cause pain, limbs numbness or tingling and even paresis.
To prevent backbone conditions it is recommended to use our lumbar belt AS-LK-01.
Our lumbar brace AS-LK-01 has additional lumbar support and double-fastening system that prevents against loosen belt accidently.
While weightlifting we can observe isometric effort based on Valsalva’s maneuver. During using of our lumbar brace, intra-abdominal pressure (exactly: intra-muscular pressure in the erector spinae muscles) increases what makes the lower spine more rigid and allows to lift more weights.
Using AS-LK-01 lumbar belt causes:
- Reduction of excessive back muscle tension
- Sacro-lumbar spine stabilization in the physical activity
- Prevention against the moving intervertebral discs out of position
- Risk injuries minimization
- Better scores in your trainings and competitions
Our brace AS-LK-01 supports lumbar spine during physical activities by off-loading your bending backbone. First of all, the belt prevents your spine in case of intensive body building. Also, it supports you in other sport disciplines and daily activities.
CODURA is extreme durable lamination made of polyamide with polyurethane layer and Teflon finishing. Structure of fabrics and method of milling make the fabric lightweight but very resistant to damages and extreme conditions. External layer is covered by Teflon. Our devices made of CODURA are the thinnest and the most durable on the market. Waterproof material.
Sport Lumbar Brace
Indications / Purpose of Use
- Abdominal and lumbar muscles strains caused by injury or stress
- In physical activity as an support of the lumbar spine and muscles
- In chronic L-S syndrome
- Prophylactically in weightlifting trainings such as body-building
- Optimal functioning of brace can only be achieved by selecting the right size.
- The skin in place, which in touch with the brace, should be clean (avoid the usage of ointments or creams).
- It is necessary to control the skin's condition (especially in heels and feet) and in case of skin lesions occurred it is necessary to contact the physician.
- In case of skin lesions (epidermis scrapes, scratches or eczema) using the brace is allowed after dressing application.
- Use of the brace at night should be done only if this was prescribed by your doctor.
Not sure whether this is the right product for you? Contact our Orthotist for consultation & assistance.
- Hand wash in warm water (30°C) with soap.
- Rinse carefully.
- Do not iron.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.