Joints degeneration called osteoarthritis (OA) is common in the modern society. The reason is obesity, lack of physical activity or repetitive stressed daily activities. In Western countries almost 20% population suffers from this condition.
Osteoarthritis can be present in every kind of the joints where the hyaline cartilage occurs. Usually this condition is connected with knee or hip joint. Obesity in 20-25 years old patients can cause OA after early 50. The problem is serious because the disease affects muscles, joints capsules, ligaments, joint surfaces and neighbouring joints.
In OA treatment is used pharmacotherapy, physical therapy, losing the weight and using orthopaedic medical braces.
The ideal solution to prevent OA is single upright brace ATTACK 2RA.
PowerElastic is a very thin and elastic lamination that we use to produce high sophisticated devices. The lamination is made of 2 layers of spandex providing excellent compression and perfect fitting. Our spandex solution absorbs the muscle’s shocks during physical activity. Internal layer is skin-friendly and provides high air permeability and maintaining the skin dry. this layer is approved by Oeko-Tex Standard 100.
As the lateral support we use non-elastic and perforated AirSanmed fabric, which is covered with cotton terry on the internal side, what improves the comfort of use.
The external parts of the splint are equipped with rotating buckles where two dynamic force straps go. The straps allows to separate two knee joint surfaces what reliefs the pain and prevents against the OA progress.
Single Upright Knee Brace with ROM Adjustments and Dynamic Force Straps
Indications / Purpose of Use
- Knee dislocation,
- Knee twist and sprain,
- Side instability of the knee joint,
- Knee ligaments injures – especially MCL and ACL injury,
- Knee ligaments reconstruction,
- Other surgeries (orthopedic),
- Excellent prophylaxis in sport.
- Optimal functioning of brace can only be achieved by selecting the right size.
- The skin in place, which in touch with the brace, should be clean (avoid the usage of ointments or creams).
- It is necessary to control the skin's condition (especially in heels and feet) and in case of skin lesions occurred it is necessary to contact the physician.
- In case of skin lesions (epidermis scrapes, scratches or eczema) using the brace is allowed after dressing application.
- Use of the brace at night should be done only if this was prescribed by your doctor.
Not sure whether this is the right product for you? Contact our Orthotist for consultation & assistance.
- Hand wash in warm water (30°C) with soap.
- Rinse carefully.
- Do not iron.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.