During sport activities spine injuries are common. From all of sports trauma, 20% are the lumbar and cervical injuries.
Lumbar injury is often connected with muscle sprain. Crossfit workouts incorporate elements from high-intensity interval training, Olympic weightlifting, plyometrics, powerlifting, gymnastics, girevoy sport, calisthenics, strongman, and other exercises. There are a lot of microtrauma (running) and high pressure and axial load of spine (weightlifting).
Because of that, crossfit can damage the spine. A lot of hyperextension and bending movements may result in muscle sprain and ligaments injuries.
How to avoid it? First of all, you should remember about warm-up before training. Secondly, you should use our special sport back brace AXE (AS-LK-02/CCA), that provides excellent off-loading and stabilization of lumbosacral spine.
Lumbosacral brace AXE provides back pain relief and prevents against the muscle sprain. The device is made of breathable fabric ActivExpanse.
ActivExpanse is an innovative, active 3D lamination with high air permeability. This spacer material is light made of 2 parts: external polyamide durable 3D layer and skin-friendly cotton layer with Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certificate. ActivExpanse is not elastic what improves stabilization. External 3D spacer layer is hypoallergenic and provides high air permeability and minimal water and moisture absorption.
AXE back brace is made of 2 separated parts with anatomic shape. It provides excellent fitting and allows skin to breath freely. The rear part of the brace is equipped with elastic pockets, where you can attach lumbar pads made of special foam. This solution allows to fill the lumbar lordosis, providing the best stabilization. The back brace can be used with or without lumbar pads – according to your needs. This construction is great for people with irregular shapes (wide hips or big belly).
In AXE brace we used innovative compression system CCA. The system is characterized by firm fastening that is non-elastic, easy and secure. It is adjusted without any tools. The back brace is equipped with rear orthopedic stays, abdominal pad and 2 lumbar pads.
AXE stabilizes the spine and improve the abdominal wall. By maintaining the consist temperature and elastic compression, the brace reduce the lower back pain and prevents against the future injuries and other conditions.
The breathable fabric of AXE is the excellent choice in sport training.
Total height of the brace:
Front: 20 cm
Rear: 22.5 cm
Sport Back Brace with CCA System
Indications / Purpose of Use
- Abdominal and lumbar muscles strains caused by injury or stress
- In physical activity and sport as an support of the lumbar spine and muscles
- In chronic L-S syndrome
- Optimal functioning of brace can only be achieved by selecting the right size.
- The skin in place, which in touch with the brace, should be clean (avoid the usage of ointments or creams).
- It is necessary to control the skin's condition (especially in heels and feet) and in case of skin lesions occurred it is necessary to contact the physician.
- In case of skin lesions (epidermis scrapes, scratches or eczema) using the brace is allowed after dressing application.
- Use of the brace at night should be done only if this was prescribed by your doctor.
Not sure whether this is the right product for you? Contact our Orthotist for consultation & assistance.
- Hand wash in warm water (30°C) with soap.
- Rinse carefully.
- Do not iron.
- Do not chlorinate.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.